Sunday, January 15, 2017

Censorship update Update

Greetings and Happy Sunday, dear readers!

As you may remember from previous posts in 2013 and 2015, the poor C Encyclopedia has had a bad rap in prison because it contained an inflammatory article about codes, that people in prison might use to make more sophisticated codes.  Regardless of the Prison Librarian Battle Cry of "We don't censor something based on what someone might do with it!" that volume was pulled and relegated to the back office, never again to see the light of day.

Or so I thought....

I am pleased to report, future prison librarians, that my old colleague confirmed that the C Encyclopedia was FINALLY ALLOWED BACK ON THE SHELF!  Huzzah!  The people rejoice!  And, since nobody took my bet saying that it would never be allowed, I shall return my $20 to my wallet and sip my wine with satisfaction as I bask in the glow of intellectual freedom and anti-censorship.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm an MLIS student in Mississippi. This blog is fascinating. I don't know anywhere else where I could get such insight into the work of a prison librarian. I've planned on being an academic librarian since I started the program, but prison librarianship never even occurred to me. I may need to rethink plans. Thank you so much for spending the time to share your stories here. I hope you get this message!

    ReplyDelete