Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Things that make you go "Hmmm"

Greetings readers! It's your friendly neighborhood prison librarian here with an interaction from yesterday's deliveries that just made me go "hmmmm."

Me: "I'm going to need you to turn that book in as well because it's overdue and on hold for someone else."

Patron: "No! That's not what the lady said last week!"

Me: "Mmm, I'm the only librarian and I don't remember saying that last week."

Patron: "Yes, you did!"

Me: "No, I didn't. Now may I please have the book?"

Patron: "Yeah, you were here last week and you had brown hair and were here with a man! You said I could keep it!"

(Note: there are no men that work in my library since Minion #1 switched facilities and I did have brown hair one time--about 4 years ago....)

It's amazing how time passes, or doesn't, in prison.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment