Sunday, June 30, 2013

Fun with telling people you went to prison

After being in prison for over four years, this has gotten a little old...who am I kidding, THIS NEVER GETS OLD.

Some of my favorites:

Friend to my mom: "So how's your daughter?  I hear she graduated from library school!"
Mom: "Yeah, and now she's in prison."
Friend: "WHAT?!?!?"
He he he

Dad to a friend whose daughter is a geologist for a gold mining company: "Where did we go wrong?  Now your daughter's a gold-digger and mine's in prison."

On Ride the Rockies, climbing Wolf Creek Pass-
Cyclist: "There are worse places to be.  We could be in prison."
Me: "I hear that.  They let me out of prison for the week so I could do this!"

Random people that I meet-
People: "So, what do you do for a living?"
Me: "I'm a librarian."
People: "Oh that's so neat!  I love the library!  Which one do you work at?"
Me: "Prison."

To friends-
Friends: "Do you want to go out for dinner tonight?"
Me: "Yes, but I just got out of prison so I need to go home and change."

In the morning: "Ok, I'm off to prison!"


No comments:

Post a Comment